Teeth Veneers in San Diego, CA
Dental veneers improve the appearance of teeth by covering the visible front surface with a custom-made, tooth-colored porcelain overlay.
Our dentists can complete a porcelain veneer treatment in just one office visit. With proper care and good oral hygiene, a veneer has a lifespan of 5-10 years.
A veneer is often prescribed for a tooth that is:
- Discolored or stained
- Worn down, chipped or broken
- Misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped
It may also be prescribed to "fill the gap" between two otherwise healthy teeth.
After a thorough exam of your teeth, gums and supporting bone structure, your dentist will discuss treatment options with you and answer your questions. If the agreed upon treatment is a dental veneer, your Dentist will:
- Apply a local anesthetic to the affected area of your mouth
- Remove a small amount of enamel from the front of your tooth to make place for the veneer
- Use 3-D imaging to design and create your veneer
- Clean and polish the tooth's front surface
- Bond the veneer in place to permanently affix it
- Expose the veneer to special hand-held light to harden the repaired surface of your tooth